Thursday, January 05, 2012

mazda protege checkerboard shift boot and center console lid cover

If you go back to the blog I wrote on November 1, 2011, you can see the first shift boot, handle, and console lid cover I made. I liked them a lot. I had never made any of that stuff before and I was really excited how well they turned out. I just wrapped my headliner, A-pillars, B-pillars, and C-pillars in black checkerboard fabric a couple weeks ago. Now I wanted to make another set to match.

I sewed them by hand again. If I had a sewing machine I could make all kinds of cool stuff. I used my pattern I had made for the shift boot from the last time. One thing that always bothered me about the old set I made was on the handle. I didn't like how it didn't come all the way to the top. You could tell it was just fabric on top of it. While I thought it looked good, I thought it could look better. I sorted that out for the new set and I was able to cover the whole thing. This time for the center console lid cover I covered the whole thing in one piece of fabric.

Original installation January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.